PRESTON COUNTY, WV (WOWK) — The Preston County Health Department is in the process of investigating an outbreak of COVID-19 among Preston County Residents who have traveled to Myrtle Beach.
So far three individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 tests are pending on other individuals. The health department said they would not be surprised to see future cases.
The health department is asking Preston County residents who traveled to Myrtle Beach, any beach, or any crowded vacation destination in the last two weeks to self-quarantine for 14 days.
The health department is asking if you cannot quarantine it is not possible, to limit your exposure to others and wear a face mask if in public or around others.
For more information, call the Preston County Health Department at (304) 329-0096.
If you have any cold or flu symptoms, please contact Preston Memorial Hospital at (304) 329-7285 to discuss testing.
- UVA’s Bronco Mendenhall talks about mental health and his team during the COVID-19 pandemic
- LU’s Hugh Freeze has a unique perspective on coaching virtually
- Hundreds of COVID-19 tests given at Salem free testing site
- Salem Schools to reopen in upcoming school year
- Roanoke City Schools meet to discuss reopening plans, sets Aug. 31 as first day for students