Warning: These are explicit posts from Martin Hess personal Facebook page. Some will find them offensive.
CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Gov. Jim Justice has removed Martin Hess from the West Virginia State Fire Commission due to controversial social media posts.
This announcement came in a letter issued by Justice on Thursday, June 4, 2020. The decision comes after Justice was made aware of multiple social media posts made by Hess made on his personal Facebook account about the protests occurring across the country.
“I will not tolerate behavior like this from anyone representing the State of West Virginia,” Justice wrote in the letter.
Hess removal is effective immediately.
WOWK 13 News received images from Martin Hess Facebook profile from a concerned viewer.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery