UPDATE 11:00 p.m.: West Virginia DOT reports that Route 219 has been reopened as flooding as receded.
MONROE COUNTY, WV (WVNS / WFXR) — Flash flooding from recent rainfall caused a stretch of one of Monroe County’s busiest highways to close.
Dispatchers confirmed U.S. 219 is closed between Peterstown and Lindside, Virginia due to flash flooding as of 9 p.m. Friday, June 5, 2020. Firefighters are on scene and DOH crews are helping direct traffic.
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg says Emergency Management reported several cars were in danger of washing off Route 219 and water was also entering a nearby house four miles WSW of Lindside.
- Hanover Schools to rename Stonewall Jackson Middle, Lee-Davis High following 4-3 vote
- Lawsuit aims to restore Richmond’s Confederate statues ‘to their previous condition’
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Naya Rivera death ruled an accidental drowning, Ventura County officials say
- ‘Citizen Scientists’ to map out Roanoke’s Urban Heat Island