ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Georgia woman was arrested at Walt Disney World after security for the Florida resort found two guns and some marijuana in her child’s diaper bag, according to court documents.
Yunique Smith, 27, of Stone Mountain, Georgia, was arrested July 18 on misdemeanor counts of carrying a concealed weapon and marijuana possession, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
Smith was going through the Epcot security line with an adult man, their 7-month-old daughter and her 7-year-old son when the guard spotted a 9mm handgun and a plastic bag containing marijuana, an arrest report said.
Orange County deputies responded. A search of the diaper bag revealed a .45 caliber handgun on the bottom, deputies said.
Park rules state no weapons are allowed on Disney property.
The arrest occurred three days after Epcot reopened from a nearly four-month closure. The resort had shut down in March because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Court records didn’t list an attorney for Smith.
- Musk says he met with Apple CEO Tim Cook amid public tensions
- Starbucks violated labor law, ordered to negotiate with union: National Labor Relations Board
- Red Cross, LGBT groups anticipate changes in blood donation rules
- Rubio stokes 2024 chatter with planned book release
- Season of giving; Local non-profits discuss what they are in need of to continue to help the community