FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — While house fires and chimney fires are not uncommon during the wintertime, first responders from Forest were dispatched to a far more unusual type of fire overnight: an igloo fire.
In an early morning Facebook post on Wednesday, Feb. 3, the Forest Volunteer Fire Department said crews responded to reports of an igloo on fire in a Kroger parking lot.
Units arrived on scene to find smoke showing from a single-story igloo, which had a fire inside it, according to the department.
Fire officials say first responders used “the Can” to knock the fire down.
There are no reports of injuries resulting from this igloo incident.