BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (KLFY) — A Louisiana man was captured on video punching a 72-year-old Walmart employee on Wednesday, police told WFXR’s sister station.
Police Chief Rollie Cantu said 30-year-old Kendrick Zenon, of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, was issued an order of protective custody and taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
Zenon was walking around a Walmart wearing a black mask, boxer shorts, and no shirt when he became combative and allegedly struck the employee in the face, Cantu said.
In the video, the employee is seen stumbling and falling to the floor. Multiple co-workers and shoppers are seen helping him to his feet, according to Cantu.
Before running out of the store, Zenon stripped off his clothes and allegedly assaulted a second person, a 68-year-old man, Cantu said.
According to Cantu, he was apprehended a short while later.
Cantu said an arrest warrant will be issued for Zenon, who faces charges that include obscenity and battery of the infirm.
Neither victim was seriously injured, according to Cantu.
- Crash closes southbound lanes of Route 29 just south of Lynchburg
- ‘Will you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden lash, interrupt each other
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man
- Multiple Apple services reported down