LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A local food delivery app will deliver Thanksgiving meals to families in need around Lynchburg today.
Waitr, an on-demand food ordering and delivery service, worked with local organizations to identify families who need assistance as part of its Share Thanksgiving Program.
The local restaurants provide meals for the families.
“Like us, they understand many people struggle to put food on the table – and they want to do their part to work alongside us,” said Whitney Savoie, Waitr’s market development director.
- Roanoke College falls to Greensboro in season opener
- Mangum leads Radford past Campbell 97-91 in 3OT
- Renewed rivalries mark opening night for Roanoke City Schools
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Police investigating after $250K worth of hemp stolen from TruHarvest Farms