BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A Virginia Tech professor is leading a research team on ecological forecasting to help communities respond to natural disasters.
Associate Professor Quinn Thomas of the College of Natual Resources and Environment is heading the launch of a “new Ecological Forecasting Initiative Research Coordination Network,” according to Virginia Tech.
The network, funded with a grant from the Nationa Science Foundation, “brings together scientists, government officials, and stakeholders working on environmental issues,” said VT.
“The end goal is to think about ecological forecasting like weather forecasting. It’s a tool used in decision-making and we want people to be able to rely on it,” Thomas said.
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home
- Virginia announces one-time relief funding for intercity bus providers