HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The victim in a Thursday crash in Henry County was a missing Martinsville man, Virginia State Police confirmed Friday.
State Police responded to a single-car crash on River Road Thursday, August 6, at 1 p.m. The crash site was just west of Shady View Road.
The location of the car made it difficult for drivers to see from the road. Investigators believe the crash happened on Sunday, Aug. 2.
State troopers found a 2007 Mercy Milan driven by Tyshawn M. Williams, 24, of Martinsville, overturned down an embankment. Police believe the car initially ran off the right side of the road, overcorrected, ran off the left side, down an embankment, and hit a tree before overturning.
Williams was reported missing earlier this week.
- Danville restaurant owner pleads guilty to fraud charges
- What happens when a state Senator is censured?
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February
- Federal government unseals secret coronavirus reports, see your state’s data
- General Assembly discusses requiring background check for anyone wanting to rent gun at shooting ranges