(WFXR) – Veterans Day weekend reminds us all to appreciate the men and women who protect and serve our country in the past and those who continue to do so in the present. The residents of Southwest Virginia have arranged numerous events from Friday, Nov. 8 through Monday, Nov. 11 to celebrate the bravery and strength of veterans.
- Mary Baldwin University Fifth Annual Veterans Day Celebration on Friday, Nov. 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Veterans Day Parade at American Legion Post 3 on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Military Appreciation Day at the Virginia Museum of Transportation on Saturday, Nov. 9 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Veteran’s Celebration and Open House at The Harmony Collection at Roanoke on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 1-4 p.m.
- Pancake breakfast at Southview United Methodist Church on Sunday, Nov. 10 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Veterans Day Service at New Grace Baptist Church on Sunday, Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Veterans Day Lunch at Walden Pond Apartment Homes on Monday, Nov. 11 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Virginia Tech Veterans Day events at Virginia Tech War Memorial Chapel on Monday, Nov. 11
- Corps of Cadets Echo Company vigil at the Pylons from midnight to 11:59 p.m.
- Remembrance ceremony featuring Del. Nick Rush at 10:30 a.m. and the placement of the memorial wreath at 11 a.m. at the War Memorial Chapel
- Corps of Cadets formal retreat ceremony on the Upper Quad at 4:45 p.m.
- Veterans Day Breakfast at the Thunder Road Harley-Davidson on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 9-11 a.m.
- Free admission for veterans to the American Armoured Foundation’s Tank and Ordinance War Memorial Museum on Monday Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- “Salute to Hospice” Veterans Day Dance at the Vinton War Memorial on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 6-9 p.m.
- Veteran’s Day Observance at the National D-Day Memorial on Monday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to noon
- “The Life of a Soldier” exhibit honoring veterans at the Staunton River Memorial Library on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 1-3 p.m.
- “Profiles of Honor” scanning program for WWI and WWII veterans at the Franklin County Public Library on Thursday, Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday, Nov. 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Man pleads guilty to Bedford County murder, sentenced to 48 years in prison
- Legal team continues defending Trump in trial while new allegations surface
- Puzzled organizers present big check to Centra Rivermont Schools!
- Try out this viral spinach salsa queso dip for Super Bowl Sunday
- Big Game Bound: Live at 1pm ET with Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders