DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – WFXR News has learned that the child hit by a truck that drove past a stopped school bus in Danville on Wednesday remains in the hospital.
According to a post on her mother’s Facebook page, the girl was airlifted to Carillion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
She is expected to be in the hospital somewhere between five days and two weeks.
On Wednesday, the child had just exited a school bus and while crossing the street, was struck by a pick-up truck that did not stop for the bus.
The driver, David Maurice Durham, 81, was charged with passing a stopped school bus.
The girl’s condition has not been released.
- Multi-agency operation leads to 101 drug-related indictments on 48 people in southwest Virginia, authorities say
- Buildings in Bluefield, WV evacuated following an underground explosion
- UPDATE: Northbound lanes reopened, vehicle crash cleared on I-77 in Carroll County
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 27, 2020
- Angels of Assisi kick off five-day ‘virtual super adoption’ event