Unattended cooking starts fire, leaves resident displaced

News

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Red Cross is housing one person whose home was damaged in a house fire.

Battalion Chief Dean Fowler says crews spent nearly two and a half hours in the 200 block of Briarwood Drive extinguishing a kitchen fire that reached into the attic.

When crews arrived to the scene at approximately 7:38, they could see heavy smoke consuming the home and the resident outside.

The kitchen was damaged severely and the rest of the house suffered heavy smoke damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form

Scan to Download the WFXR News App