ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Police are investigating a shooting near the Hurt Park Townhomes.
Around 12:30PM Tuesday, police were called to the 1800 block of Westview Ave. SW for a shooting.
According to a press release, when they arrived on the scene, they found an adult male with what appeared to be a non-life threatening gunshot wound outside of a residence. The victim refused transport to the hospital.
A short time later, officers located another adult male with a gunshot wound. This victim was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital with what appeared to be a non-life threatening injury.
No arrested have been made at this time.
WFXR has a crew on the scene and with continue to update the story as more information becomes available.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Roanoke Police at (540)344-8500.
- Louis Cousins Sr., one of the Norfolk 17, dies at age 76
- Area students honor MLK Day with service to Roanoke community
- George Kittle celebrates 49ers’ win with topless Jimmy G shirt
- Manhunt underway in Rockbridge County for armed individual; residents urged to lock doors
- Lynchburg Community Council hosts annual MLK Day breakfast