ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Police are investigating two shootings that happened within one hour of each other Wednesday.
Police say a man was found with a gunshot wound in a parking lot on the 3700 block of Stratford Park Drive SW before 2 p.m. He was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
According to officials, about 10 minutes later, police responded to another shooting in the 3700 block of Troutland Avenue NW, outside of a home.
A woman with a gunshot wound was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Police say it is unknown if the incidents are connected at this time. Law enforcement continues to investigate both scenes.
Neighbors in the area say shootings like this are happening too often.
“I don’t care who it is. I just live too close and not only do I love too close. There are a lot of kids over here, there are other people over here. A lot of senior citizens over here. Cause anyone could get accidentally hit,” said Harry Eggelston.
No arrests have been made in either shooting.
- Newsfeed Now: Diver gets hooked; boy calls 911 to save sister
- VDH reports 658 new COVID-19 cases, total deaths reach 1,845 as of Friday
- Roanoke Valley Family Magazine helping the community during COVID-19 Pandemic
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Taubman Museum of Art re-opening Friday, debuting new exhibit