NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A truck crash has closed lanes on U.S. Highway 29 in Nelson County, north of Lovingston, Sunday morning.
Deputies on the scene told WFXR News that a truck going south entered the median and overturned. A tank on the back of the truck separated from the vehicle and came to rest several feet away. No other vehicles were involved.
The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office said the driver was still being evaluated and his condition was unknown.
The left southbound and left northbound lanes were closed as of 11:35 a.m. Deputies said the lanes were temporarily closed for accident response and should re-open soon.
- Sheriff’s Office and family plea for ‘the truth’ in Franklin County murders
- New study shows potential impact of casino in Danville
- House lawmakers work to improve military housing conditions
- New study shows benefits, risks of casino in Danville
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 14