NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A truck crash has closed lanes on U.S. Highway 29 in Nelson County, north of Lovingston, Sunday morning.
Deputies on the scene told WFXR News that a truck going south entered the median and overturned. A tank on the back of the truck separated from the vehicle and came to rest several feet away. No other vehicles were involved.
The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office said the driver was still being evaluated and his condition was unknown.
The left southbound and left northbound lanes were closed as of 11:35 a.m. Deputies said the lanes were temporarily closed for accident response and should re-open soon.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery