SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — Three people were displaced after a house fire Monday night in Salem.
Around 8:30 p.m., Salem Fire and EMS were called to 324 Union Street. When they arrived on the scene, they noticed smoke coming from the front of the building. The fire was located in the kitchen and was placed under control within five minutes of their arrival.
The American Red Cross is taking care of the displaced residents.
Fire officials say, the home sustained about $10,000 worth of damages.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF