DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A teenager is dead following a shooting Friday night in Danville.
Danville Police responded to a call of shots fired around 8:50 p.m. in the 700 block of Paxton Street. Officers found 17-year-old Genesis Salarae Horton of Danville with a gunshot wound to his torso.
Horton was transported to Danville Regional Medical Center where he died.
Danville Police say Horton’s body will be taken medical examiner’s office in Roanoke for an autopsy.
Friday’s shooting remains under investigation.
- Man’s Best Cure: VT scientists lead the way in cross-species cancer research
- Washington Huddle web exclusive with Scott Jackson of Redskins Game Day
- UVA-Wise program will pay tuition for students in families that earn $40K or less
- FBI seeks tips from current and former patients of OB-GYN Javaid Perwaiz
- Dominion Energy’s request for increase in rate of return on equity denied by state regulators