DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A teenager is dead following a shooting Friday night in Danville.
Danville Police responded to a call of shots fired around 8:50 p.m. in the 700 block of Paxton Street. Officers found 17-year-old Genesis Salarae Horton of Danville with a gunshot wound to his torso.
Horton was transported to Danville Regional Medical Center where he died.
Danville Police say Horton’s body will be taken medical examiner’s office in Roanoke for an autopsy.
Friday’s shooting remains under investigation.
- Northside athlete Tracey Hueston’s road to recovery
- Dawgs Hammer Rivermen, 5-1
- Girls H.S. Basketball: Hidden Valley at Northside
- Girls H.S. George Washington at Pulaski County
- Girls H.S. Basketball: Harrisonburg at William Fleming