ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Tax Free weekend has started in Virginia.
From 12:01 a.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, you can buy certain school supplies, clothing, and emergency preparedness items without paying sales tax. You can look up your current sales tax rate here.
What items are eligible?
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
Detailed lists of qualifying items can be found in the 2019 Combined Sales Tax Holiday Guidelines.