CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man is dead and a firefighter is hurt following a house fire in Campbell County this morning.
The call of a fire came in about 2:18 a.m. at 705 Roundtree Road in Concord.
Campbell County authorities have not yet released the name of the male victim. A WFXR News crew witnessed a body being removed for transport to the Medical Examiner’s office in Roanoke.
Neighbors told WFXR News that the man, who was in his 60s, lived alone and was confined to a wheelchair. He was an amputee, had other health issues, and had no immediate family in the area, they added.
Authorities did say a firefighter “was treated on the scene for minor injuries.”
Numerous agencies responded to the scene, including the Concord Volunteer Fire Department.
- Man’s Best Cure: VT scientists lead the way in cross-species cancer research
- Washington Huddle web exclusive with Scott Jackson of Redskins Game Day
- UVA-Wise program will pay tuition for students in families that earn $40K or less
- FBI seeks tips from current and former patients of OB-GYN Javaid Perwaiz
- Dominion Energy’s request for increase in rate of return on equity denied by state regulators