ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) – Stik-Pak Solutions has begun expanding operations in Franklin County.
The ground-breaking ceremony kicks off a $14.3 million project in the new Summit View Business Park, creating 50-60 high-paying jobs over the next six years.
Stik-Pak Solutions is a contract packaging company, a subsidiary of M&H Holdings, is moving from the Franklin County Commerce Center to a new 50,000 square-foot facility on nearly nine acres by mid-2020.
Currently, the company employs 35 workers. In the next six years, the expansion will feature 85-95 employees when the facility ultimately will expand to a 100,000 square-feet.
Stik-Pak’s new jobs will pay an average salary of $45,760 plus benefits – significantly higher than current wages and benefits in Franklin County.
Not only will Summit View Business Park be home to Stik-Pak Solutions, the 550-acre business park will eventually also include pavilions, athletic fields, BMX bicycle course, festival area, tourist-visitor center, and multi-use trails.
- Family displaced after chimney fire spreads to attic in Roanoke County
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia