WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials in Wythe County have declared a State of Emergency in relation to the ongoing threat of residents potentially catching coronavirus.
The State of Emergency is in place as a precaution, even though, as of Wednesday, March 18, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in the county.
The emergency declaration can be viewed here.
Wythe County is asking citizens to help in the reduction of possible exposures and follow the guidance set forth by the state and federal governments. Citizens looking for information can visit wytheco.org or our Facebook pages, Ready Wythe County and Wythe County VA.”Curtis Crawford, Wythe County Emergency Services Coordinator
For reliable information regarding COVID-19, Wythe County officials urge residents to visit the following websites:
- Report: Deaths in ICE facilities more than doubled in fiscal year 2020
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Eligible organic growers and processors in Virginia can receive reimbursement funding
- Credit card fraud, identity theft explode in the pandemic
- Virginia State Police launches new Freedom of Information Act request website