BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia Tech is honoring six alumni who lost their lives in military service.
The university added six new names to its War Memorial Pylons.
Five were killed during the Vietnam War. The sixth, Tech Sergeant Peter Kraines, died this past Oct. in a training exercise.
Virginia Tech held the memorial Friday with the Corps of Cadets performing the traditional rifle salute.
More than four hundred names of alumni who died in the line of duty since World War I adorn the pylons.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery