BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia Tech is honoring six alumni who lost their lives in military service.
The university added six new names to its War Memorial Pylons.
Five were killed during the Vietnam War. The sixth, Tech Sergeant Peter Kraines, died this past Oct. in a training exercise.
Virginia Tech held the memorial Friday with the Corps of Cadets performing the traditional rifle salute.
More than four hundred names of alumni who died in the line of duty since World War I adorn the pylons.
- Take a Ride in a Race Truck Around Martinsville Speedway
- Northside High School band member takes a stand for a good reason
- Crunch Time – December 5, 2019
- Sheriff’s Office and family plea for ‘the truth’ in Franklin County murders
- New study shows potential impact of casino in Danville