SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (WFXR) — A second person has been arrested in the shooting of two men in Halifax County.
Law enforcement arrested Andrew James Harlow, 18, of Halifax County with two counts of accessory to kill and murder.
Police say Harlow turned himself in Dec. 9 at the Blue Ridge Jail, Halifax, Adult Detention Center. He is being held without bond.
A 17-year-old was previously arrested in this case. The teen is unidentified. He is charged with two counts of second-degree murder.
Twenty-year-old Davonte Shamar Powell of Halifax County died at the scene from a gunshot wound to the head. A second victim, only identified as a 17-year-old resident of Halifax County, was shot in the neck. He was airlifted to Duke Hospital in North Carolina, where he died.
- Danville Community College students can apply to receive free laptops due to CARES Act funds
- St. Andrew’s Catholic Church in Roanoke collecting donations in lieu of Baby Bottle Campaign
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- Town of Rocky Mount announces retirement of Harvester’s general manager
- “Backpack Run” to benefit Roanoke education foundation to feature in-person, virtual races