ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — If your family is in need this upcoming holiday season, the Salvation Army wants you to know Angel Tree applications are now being accepted.
The non-profit said residents of Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Vinton, Salem, Craig, or Botetourt Counties may apply for assistance for children ages 12 or under beginning today through Friday, Oct. 11. Applications can be made at the Salvation Army located at 724 Dale Ave SE in Roanoke from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-6 p.m. Applications will also be accepted at the same times Oct. 14-18.
The Salvation Army says you must bring the following when applying for assistance:
- Photo ID for the head of household (Driver’s License or State ID)
- Proof of Residence: (One of the following) Utility bill, Phone bill, Rental agreement, Mail that matches your ID with zip codes.
- Proof of Household Income: (One of the following) Paycheck stub, Unemployment documentation, Food stamps documentation, any documentation that shows how you maintain your household.
- Proof of Children: (One of the following) TANF papers, Birth certificate, Shot records that show DOB, any legal form that has your name and the child’s name and DOB (Social Security cards will NOT be accepted as proof that this is your child)
- Proof that child or children has same address as head of household such as Medicaid form, report cards, shot records or lease agreement.
- Clothing/shoe sizes for all children (12 and under)
- Gift suggestions for all children (12 and under)
When applying, the Salvation Army does asks that children not be in attendance in order to speed up processing times.
For more information, call the Salvation Army at (540) 343-5335.