UPDATE 4:27 a.m.: Members of the Roanoke Police Department are investigating reports of several shots fired along Elm Avenue early Friday morning.
Lt. S.B. Camp told WFXR News the call came in about multiple shots fired around 2:15 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 7 on Elm Avenue between Franklin Road and 3rd Street. However, officers reportedly cleared the scene at approximately 3:30 a.m.
Police say they have not received any information about any shooting victims, nor have they released any information about persons of interest in connection with the incident.
While police did not say exactly how many shots were fired, a WFXR News reporter says he saw officers count at least five shell casings along the road, with some casings found next door to Station 1 for the Roanoke Fire-EMS Department.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police officers are currently on scene of an incident on Elm Avenue in Roanoke.
It is at the intersection of Elm Avenue and 2nd Street. Parts of the road are blocked off.
WFXR News has a crew on the way to the scene. Stay with us for the latest updates.
- Liberty Drops Game 1 at Stetson
- Friday Night Blitz : High School Hoopla, Let Them Play, Michael Mack signing, Daniel Pereira, Giggling Grandson
- Roanoke Catholic girls nip North Cross in high school hoops
- Northside girls beat Hidden Valley in the season opener
- William Byrd girls get the win over Glenvar