ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke County is the latest to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
Today the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to adopt a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution, after nearly three hours of discussion.
More than 300 people attended the Roanoke County Board of Supervisors meeting, with about 35 people signed up to share their opinions on the matter.
The arguments may sound familiar because similar arguments were heard at the Roanoke City Council meeting on Dec. 2 and at Amherst County Board of Supervisors meeting earlier today, which voted to adopt the resolution.
The move is largely symbolic but is meant to reaffirm commitment to the Second Amendment ahead of the next state legislative session.
Roanoke County is now the 33rd locality in Virginia to adopt a Second Amendment sanctuary resolution.
- Friday Night Blitz State Championship – Stuarts Draft vs. Appomattox (Class 2)
- Friday Night Blitz State Championship – Lord Botetourt vs. Hopewell (Class 3)
- Friday Night Blitz State Championship – Galax vs. Riverheads (Class 1)
- Rail Yard Dawgs fall short against Knoxville on Teddy Bear Toss night
- Hokies All-Access Minute (Dec. 14, 2019)