ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The City of Roanoke announced road beginning Wednesday, Sept. 4.
The Mill Mountain Spur road will close Wednesday for paving operations. Access to the Mill Mountain Zoo, Discovery Center, and Roanoke Star will be restricted as a result. Restrictions will end Friday, Sept. 6, at 5 p.m.
Mill Mountain Spur will also close Monday, Sept. 9, and Tuesday, Sept. 10. There is no detour for this route.
Franklin Road between Williamson Road and Jefferson Road will close Friday, Sept. 6 from 2 to 10 p.m. for “First & 3rd Fridays on Franklin.”
On Saturday, Sept. 7, the Roanoke 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb will close several streets from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The impacted streets include:
- Market Street, between Campbell and Salem Avenues.
- Norfolk Avenue between Jefferson Street and the parking garage entrance.
- Wall Street between Campbell and Salem Avenues.
- Jefferson Street between Salem and Norfolk Avenues.
- Salem Avenue between Jefferson Street and Williamson Road (only closed from 9 to 10 a.m.)
Other road closures on Saturday include:
- Luck Avenue Southwest between 1st and 2nd Streets and 1st Street between Church Avenue and Franklin Road from 10 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. This road closure is for “Martin’s Endless Summer Jam.”
- Market Street between Campbel and Kirk Avenues. This closure is tied to a “Silent Party” from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
The City of Roanoke says it has partnered with the Waze navigation app to make sure drivers are notified of closures while navigating city streets.