CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia tourism official says fall foliage has already arrived in some areas of the state, but the show will continue throughout October.
West Virginia Tourism Commissioner Chelsea Ruby says some higher elevations have peaked, but there are several weeks of changing colors ahead in southern West Virginia and the panhandles.
Areas in north-central and eastern West Virginia will offer the best color this weekend. Those areas have reached 75-to-100-percent color change, with some of the highest elevations just past peak.
If you have some images of this year’s fall color that you would like to share with WFXR News, email the Pinpoint Weather Team at email@example.com and you might just see your picture featured on-the-air!
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming trend is underway!
- EXCLUSIVE: Stolen drone returned to the Roanoke Valley Children’s Choir by good samaritan
- Churches pay for billboards to oppose Virginia casino
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show