(WFXR) – On Friday, the Virginia Sheriff’s Association gave a presentation to members of the Public Safety Committee.
In their report, the Sheriff’s Association weighed in on proposed criminal justice reform, saying they did not support decriminalizing marijuana and opposed outright legalization.
The report also said law enforcement, including State Police, local departments and Sheriff’s departments get about 8,500 calls for service per day.
In September of 2019, Virginia had more than 28,000 people in jail or prison.
They also said of all the people incarcerated in September, only five were in jail just on charges of marijuana possession.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 13
- Man accused of fatally shooting 9-month-old attacked in California court
- Rep. Paul Tonko calls for FTC to stop ‘Grinch Bots’ from ruining holiday shopping
- Biden endorses major shake-up of Democratic nominating process that puts South Carolina first
- Under Youngkin initiative, first lab schools win state dollars to get started