RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – A Virginia woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for killing an ex-boyfriend’s pit bull puppy by hanging it from a tree with an extension cord.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that Powhatan County Circuit Court Judge Paul Cella also on Thursday ordered that 23-year-old Yasmin Burton, 23, have no contact with any pet animals after her release.
Burton apologized during her sentencing hearing, saying she “prays for forgiveness every day.”
- New COVID-19 case reported among staff at O.T. Bonner Middle School in Danville
- VSP: Danville man dead after Sunday morning crash in Pittsylvania County
- Body found behind fast-food restaurant in Henry County Monday morning
- John Dalton Intermediate switching to virtual learning Tuesday after sending students home Monday morning
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast