RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – A Virginia woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for killing an ex-boyfriend’s pit bull puppy by hanging it from a tree with an extension cord.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that Powhatan County Circuit Court Judge Paul Cella also on Thursday ordered that 23-year-old Yasmin Burton, 23, have no contact with any pet animals after her release.
Burton apologized during her sentencing hearing, saying she “prays for forgiveness every day.”
- Time to fire up the grill! Make sure to follow these grilling safety tips this spring and summer
- Lynchburg dominates Hampden-Sydney to advance to ODAC final
- Patrick Henry signings feature Duke and VMI commits
- “We need help”: Roanoke restaurants struggling to hire workers
- Pulaski County animal rescue seeking donations for dog shot three times