RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police have located the remains of a man found near an abandoned tractor in Russell County.
According to police, they responded to the 200 block of Chestnut Ridge Circle in Castlewood on Tuesday morning for a call for a welfare check of an adult male.
The call was prompted by the discovery of an abandoned tractor that appeared to have crashed into a creek on a distant part of the property.
Upon investigating, police found the remains of a deceased male located approximately 50 yards from the tractor.
Police say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
Next of kin is being notified, therefore, no additional information has been released regarding the identity of the deceased man.
- Tractor-trailer crash closes down US-29 South in Danville
- Danville Police searching for missing woman with physical, mental health issues
- Study finds no link between epidural use at birth and autism
- William Byrd High to offer COVID-19 vaccines to students with parent permission
- Federal officers seek to block shooting trial in Virginia court