KING GEORGE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia state trooper was injured after the trooper’s patrol car was rear-ended during a traffic stop Sunday morning.
Virginia State Police said the trooper was inside the marked vehicle when it was struck.
At approximately 11:53 a.m. a Virginia State Police Trooper was on a traffic stop with a BMW sedan, eastbound Route 3 at Dahlgren Road in King George County. The trooper’s vehicle was struck by a 2016 Ford Fusion driven by 33-year-old Eldred H. Daiger.
Daiger was traveling eastbound on Route 3 and struck the trooper’s marked Ford Taurus. VSP said the vehicle’s emergency lights were activated.
“The trooper has been transported to the hospital for treatment of minor to serious injuries,” VSP said in a release Sunday afternoon.
Daiger was transported for treatment of minor injuries. Two adults inside the BMW were transported for minor injuries.
Charges against Daiger are pending and the crash remains under investigation. King George Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene of the crash, VSP said.
- Lynchburg City Schools’ 6th grade hybrid students to increase in-person learning by mid-May
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case on Day 12
- VDH reports 2,048 new COVID-19 cases while total deaths climb past 10,500 Tuesday
- Virginia to pause all Johnson & Johnson vaccinations until CDC, FDA investigation complete
- Bedford firefighters respond to Monday afternoon fires at Moneta house, Tootsie’s diner