MONTCALM, W.Va. (WVNS/WFXR) — State troopers from the Princeton Detachment of the West Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal accident in the Montcalm area of Mercer County.
Investigators say a Jeep Cherokee hit a utility terrain vehicle (UTV) around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 24. The driver of the UTV, Corey McKinney, was killed in the collision. However, his wife, Sabrina McKinney, was flown to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is currently unknown.
The driver of the Jeep — Ricky Olivo, Jr. of Woodstock, Virginia — faces charges for DUI resulting in death, DUI causing serious bodily injury, and driving on a suspended license.
- Hauser, Clark lift No. 13 Virginia past Georgia Tech, 64-62
- Customers are excited for Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- More than 2,000 Roanoke Valley residents 65+ receive their first round of COVID-19 vaccination
- Syracuse dominates No. 16 Virginia Tech in 78-60 win
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship