HENRICO, Va. (AP) — A Virginia middle schooler has been taken into custody, accused of falsely reporting an active shooter. Henrico police say the juvenile was placed in detention Tuesday on the misdemeanor charge.
Police did not release the juvenile’s age or identity. Police initially said they received a 911 text on Jan. 13 indicating there was an active shooter in the same block as the Moody Middle School. They said they methodically searched the school, but did not find any evidence of a shooter or of any gunfire.
- Health officials distribute over 4,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines in first-ever, drive-thru event
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title
- Bridy has 2 TD runs, leads VMI over Western Carolina 30-7
- Stephens leads VMI past Furman 91-90 in OT in SoCon tourney
- James Madison rallies in fourth quarter to beat Elon 20-17