RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia lawmakers ratified the Equal Rights Amendment on Monday, making it the 38th state to do so.
Sen. Jennifer McClellan (D-Richmond), the state senator who introduced the resolution in the Senate, tweeted after the House passed the resolution 58-40. The Virginia Senate advanced the resolution earlier, voting 27-12.
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- A conversation with Cameron Webb, the Democrat vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- Election 2020 FAQ: What identification do I need to take to my polling place?
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism