RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Housing Alliance (VHA) has started a new program to help renters and homeowners who are facing financial difficulties because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Rent and Mortgage Relief Program provides financial assistance to rent or mortgage payments that are past due, starting April 1, 2020. The VHA said eligible landlords can also apply on behalf of their tenants to receive financial assistance for past due rental payments.
The financial assistance is a one-time payment, but there is an opportunity for a renewal based on the availability of funding, and a household’s need for additional assistance.
The program is funded through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
You can find more information about the program or to apply online here.
- EXCLUSIVE: Stolen drone returned to the Roanoke Valley Children’s Choir by good samaritan
- Churches pay for billboards to oppose Virginia casino
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’