RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – About 70,000 Virginians are still waiting to see if they will get unemployment benefits.
Some of those unemployed Virginians have waited up to five months for the Virginia Employment Commission to review their claim.
The VEC says they have been prioritizing installing new programs but now more resources will be devoted to these claim reviews.
The VEC is expected to finally process claims from back in July this week. Then, they say the processes should speed up.
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers work their way out of the region, slight rain chance lingers into Sunday
- New Wytheville treatment center combating substance abuse
- HSFB: Christiansburg at Lord Botetourt
- Rain halts Cup Series race in Martinsville; will resume Sunday
- Car crashes into northeast Roanoke building, one seriously injured