RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – Saturday is known as National Move Over Day – a day set aside to remind motorists to move over so roadside workers can remain as safe as possible while they work.
Roadside workers whose responsibilities include cleaning road debris, working on disabled vehicles mowing medians and more, often find themselves in dangerous scenarios with traffic either not moving over or not even slowing down while they pass an area where crews are working.
VDOT has sent a friendly reminder to be watchful for these roadside crews and to remember to slow down and move over. It is law in Virginia that when it is safe to do so, to change lanes and slow down to help keep roadside crews safe while they work.
- Today in Tokyo: July 31, 2021 (Day 8)
- Ban on ‘Soul Cap’ spotlights lack of diversity in swimming
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck