Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that the 12th offender who died from COVID-19 was an inmate at the Virginia Correctional Center for Women. It has been corrected.
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Corrections announced Sunday that a 12th inmate has died of COVID-19 in state correctional facilities.
The death was a 61-year-old male offender from the State Farm Enterprise unit, at the State Farm Correctional Complex.
Here are where the deaths are:
- Buckingham Correctional Center, 4 inmate deaths
- Deerfield Correctional Center (includes Deerfield Work Centers), 1 inmate death
- Dillwyn Correctional Center, 2 inmate deaths
- Haynesville Correctional Center, 1 inmate death
- State Farm Correctional Complex, 2 inmate deaths
- Sussex II State Prison, 1 inmate death
- Virginia Correctional Center for Women (includes State Farm Work Center), 1 inmate death
As of July 16, VADOC said 1,541 offenders and 94 staff members have contracted the coronavirus.
To learn more about what the VACDOC is doing to combat and prevent the spread of the coronavirus visit their website.
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- New River Valley Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast
- Central Virginia Forecast
- Roanoke Valley Forecast