(WFXR) – A total of 79 colleges across the nation can say they have made an exclusive list – being one of the Great Colleges to Work For and two local community colleges have made the list.
Patrick Henry Community College in Martinsville and Central Virginia Community College in Lynchburg have both earned the title as being one of those colleges.
The survey results are based on a two-part assessment process that included an institution questionnaire and a survey administered to faculty, administrators, and professional support staff.
The primary factor in deciding whether or not an institution received recognition was the employee feedback.
Patrick Henry and Central Virginia were not the only colleges in Virginia to appear on the list. Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave, Southside Virginia Community College in Alberta, Rappahannock Community College in Glenns, Regent University in Virginia Beach and Sentara College of Health Sciences in Chesapeake also made the list.
To view a map of all of the colleges appearing on the list of the Best Colleges to Work For, click here.
- VDH Wednesday update: 1,345 new COVID-19 cases, 16 new deaths reported around Virginia
- UPDATE: Crash cleared along Brandon Avenue SW in Roanoke
- He’s back! Panthers’ McCaffrey back at practice after missing 5 games
- Ohio woman creates Baby Yoda from 451-pound pumpkin
- Trump encourages people to change their ballots. Here are states where you can