SMYTH COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) – UPDATE – A woman and two children are dead after an apparent homicide/suicide, according to Smyth County Sheriff Chip Schuler.
According to Sheriff Schuler, a 27-year-old woman and two children, ages 3 and 10, were all deceased at the scene in the 100 block of Harley Road in Marion.
A 6-year-old child has been flown to the Johnson City Medical Center and is in critical condition.
According to Schuler, an 8-year-old child escaped the scene.
As of Friday afternoon, investigators believe the woman committed the homicide. There are no additional suspects at this time.
No names have been released as of Friday afternoon pending the notification of family members.
The sheriff’s office was alerted to the incident around 6:15 a.m.
WFXR News’ Parker King is on the scene and will update this article with additional information as it comes in.
- Roanoke County crash leads to downed power lines, lane closures along Franklin Road
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless