SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — No one was injured after a Norfolk Southern train hit a car in Suffolk Friday night.
The call came in around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 27, in the area around South Saratoga Street and Hall Avenue, dispatchers said.
As of 10:30 p.m. on Friday, Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire & Rescue units were still at the scene of the crash.
Initial investigation shows the vehicle, a Ford Mustang, became disabled on the track.
The driver, a man, was able to get out of the vehicle before it was hit.
The train did not derail.
While crews were working the scene, four railroad crossings in downtown were blocked.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Auschwitz survivors mark anniversary online amid pandemic
- VDH to start texting those who test positive for COVID-19
- 1st private space crew paying $55 million each to fly to the International Space Station
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Houses passes bill expanding retirement saving opportunities for private employees