WAKEFIELD, Va. (WRIC) – The National Weather Service says that they have received more than a dozen reports for tornadoes related to Tropical Storm Isaias, and five of those locations are in Virginia. In an email sent to news media, NWS Wakefield lists 12 areas where they are working to confirm tornadoes. Locations in Virginia include:
- James City County
- Fleeton / Buzzards Bar
Other reported locations are in Maryland and North Carolina.
Although radar data is used to identify possible tornadoes, representatives for the NWS will verify each report in the field over the next couple of days and evaluate damage, path and intensity, explained a representative from the National Weather Service in Wakefield, Virginia.
- Two Roanoke City schools to close for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Pittsylvania County to accept trash from Martinsville, Henry County to generate added revenue
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- U.S. Marshals Service finds 13 missing children in WV and OH