KNOTTS ISLAND, N.C. (WAVY/WFXR) — Police and family members are searching for a Knotts Island man.
Family members say Donald Speakman was heading to the Virginia Beach area midday Tuesday and left the house without a cell phone.
Virginia Beach Police put out a call for help finding Speakman Wednesday evening. He’s believed to be endangered.
He’s 79, diabetic and doesn’t have his medication. He’s approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall and 200 pounds with gray hair and a 3-4 inch beard, and walks with a limp. He’s driving a silver 2013 Kia Sorento with NC plates TAX-6962.
He was last seen wearing a Buffalo Bills sweatshirt and jeans.
Virignia Beach Police said Speakman was last seen Tuesday around 1 p.m. in the 300 block of Independence Boulevard in the city and was believed to be heading back in the direction of his home.
The Currituck Sheriff’s Office has received a missing persons report and is looking for Speakman. Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (252) 453-8204.
Those who have seen Speakman can also call the Virginia Beach Police Department’s Detective Bureau at 757-385-4101.
- Aluma’s double-double guides Tech to victory over VMI
- Liberty Defeats St. Francis in First Game at Liberty Arena
- Virginia Edged 71-67 by James Madison in Women’s Basketball
- Hokies All Access : Clemson Preview, Aisha Sheppard Profile, Justin Fuente talks about Thanksgiving, Villanova Upset
- Galax Fire Department: Dog and litter of puppies rescued from kennel fire