(WFXR) – A bill sponsored by Sen. Mark J. Peake (R-Lynchburg) is pushing for a religious exemption for vaccines as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
The bill would amend a previous bill allowing parents or guardians to refuse vaccines for their children during epidemics.
There is currently no statewide vaccine mandate, but public school systems or independent employers may require the vaccine in the future.
- AMBER ALERT issued for missing Charlottesville child
- Police search for man who robbed Boonsboro Dollar General
- Some Franklin County students set to return to classrooms starting next week
- Roanoke City, Alleghany Health Districts say COVID-19 vaccine supply is running too low to serve all who qualify to receive vaccine
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional