RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – Dairy farmers in Virginia are struggling. But a new Bill out of Richmond could help plummeting sales.
Americans are drinking less milk than ever before.
More are turning to plant-based alternatives instead.
House Bill 119 would define milk as “the secretion of a healthy, hooved animal.”
It also states that a food product is unlawfully misbranded if its label states that it is milk and fails to meet the state’s new definition.
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back
- Pinpoint Weather: One more decent day Sunday before rain, colder weather moves in
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62