RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY/WFXR) — Gov. Ralph Northam and First Lady Pam Northam participated in the annual lighting ceremony of the Virginia State Capitol Christmas tree Wednesday evening.
The event started at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2, and this year’s tree is a 25 foot Norway Spruce donated by Claybrooke Farm in Mineral.
While the event was closed to the public as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, you can watch a recording of the ceremony below:
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Amherst County Schools confirm two new COVID-19 cases
- Free workshop shows how COVID restrictions correlate to trends in infections and deaths
- Amtrak ups security ahead of Inauguration Day