SPRINGFIELD, Va. (WDVM/WFXR)– A Virginia man is being called a hero after he stepped in to save a teenage girl from sexual assault on Thursday.
Fairfax County Police responded to the 7000 block of Backlick Court in Springfield on Thursday, May 14 when a man approached a teenage girl on the sidewalk and sexually assaulted her. The victim tried to call 911, but the suspect took her phone and threw it on the ground. However, a nearby homeowner helped officers stop the man.
The man — 25-year-old Arjun Dhimal — has been taken into custody and charged with abduction with intent to defile, attempted rape, and preventing a person from summoning law enforcement.
- How to get the COVID-19 vaccine from Walgreens
- Water main break reported along Wards Road in Lynchburg
- AG Herring asks Virginia Supreme Court to reject appeal in Lee statue case
- Kraft launching candy-flavored Mac & Cheese for Valentine’s Day
- Chick-fil-A manager steps in to sort out backup at COVID-19 vaccination site