RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – For anyone wanting to serve as a citizen member of Virginia’s Redistricting Committee, Monday was the last day to have the option to submit an application.
The 16-member commission was created after voters decided to pass an amendment to the Virginia Constitution this past November.
The commission will consist of eight citizen-members and eight legislative-members who will be tasked with proposing plans to redraw districts for the U.S. House of Representatives as well as Virginia’s Senate and the House of Delegates.
- Amazon to employ 1,500 from both sides of the border at new California facility
- Liberty University launches first Global Center for Mental, Addiction, and Recovery
- US lawmakers concerned about negative impact Instagram has on teens’ mental health
- ‘I wish I said bye to my dad’: Oklahoma teen loses mom months after dad, sister die from COVID-19
- Heat gun to blame for roof fire at Paul Munro Elementary School, firefighters say