PORTSMOUTH, Va. (AP/WFXR) — Coast Guard personnel stationed in Virginia and North Carolina are working on the search for a man who fell from a cargo ship far from the shore.
In a news release, Coast Guard officials said that the Virginia-based Fifth District Command Center received a call early Saturday morning around midnight that the man had entered the water from the cargo ship the Baltic Klipper.
The Coast Guard said the ship was about 1,200 miles (1,900 km) northeast of Bermuda and issued an alert asking boats to keep a look out.
The Coast Guard also sent an aircrew aboard a C-130 Hercules aircraft based in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, to search.
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- Mega Millions jackpot now $865 million; Powerball up to $730 million
- Pulaski County tractor-trailer crash along I-81 North backs up traffic for miles
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration